Gateway is the largest non-government provider of mental health services in the top of the South Island, employing 60+ staff across the Tasman, Marlborough and West Coast regions.
The following vacancies exist:
RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKER –
Weekend Day Shift and Sleepover Shift NELSON
Gateway has been making a positive difference in the lives of many people in the Nelson-Marlborough region for 25 years, and we are seeking people who are passionate about what we are passionate about: empowering people towards wellbeing and working in partnership with people at the centre.
Gateway Youth House provides a caring and supportive environment for young people from 16 –22 years old who need a supportive, secure and structured environment to work towards their wellness and independent living goals.
• We have permanent residential support worker shifts available for driven individuals who can support the Youth House residents to achieve their dreams and aspirations.
• Casual/Relief positions are also available.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
• Have a passion for and natural ability in connecting with people
• Work well in a team and independently
• Are a great listener and a good communicator
• Have a positive outlook and sense of humour
• Are available for shift work, including evenings and weekends as required
• Show resilience and the ability to overcome any challenge that comes your way
• Are honest and trustworthy and have a willingness to learn
• A basic level of fitness
• Have the ability to satisfactorily pass a police check
• Have a clean full driver licence
• Have legal entitlement to work in New Zealand
Whilst relevant experience and qualifications would be helpful, we would encourage any person with the above attributes to apply. Training will be provided.
To apply, please submit Application for Employment form with a covering letter and resume/CV. This position is subject to police checking as required under the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014.
Please direct all enquiries to Andrew Bridge, Residential Services Manager at Andrew.Bridge@ght.co.nz or call on 027 3766072
Please forward applications to the HR Manager Claire.Chambers@ght.co.nz P: (03) 545 7100.